Oplink Communications Ltd. was founded in 1992 for the purpose of developing and manufacturing wireless optical communications products.
Oplink’s Products and Applications Include:
- Fleet management – Mobile Data Transfer.
- Transport & Security Applications.
- IrDA applications for a variety of environments.
- Audience Response Systems.
- Wireless bar-code readers communications.
- Medical Monitoring.
- Data Collection (Fixed & Mobile Terminals).
- Wireless Infrared Computer Networking.
- Agricultural Applications.
- Rotating System Connectivity (Optical Slip Rings).
- Warehouse Management.
- Military Applications.
- ISDN Wireless Extenders.
- Industrial Application
Our Technology: Oplink has reached a field proven platform for transmission and reception of data by means of infrared light.
Application versatility is achieved by optimally combining:
- Innovative Receiver optics
- Optimal detection circuit
- Transmitter circuit & optical design
- Data processing for error detection
- Flexibility of communication protocol
- Optimized data transfer rates for each application (up to 1 Mbps)
- Low cost
This basic platform can give excellent reliability for wireless data transfer using infrared light in a wide variety of environments whether outdoors or indoors.These products are specially designed so that there is no need to keep a direct line-of-sight between the transmitter and the receiver when used indoors, thus allowing complete freedom of movement and minimal sensitivity to physical obstructions encountered in typical office environments. This technology enables the development of a family of products for the office market, as well as for the industrial, transport and medical market.
When the product is used outdoors the technology enables the use of a relatively wide field of view for ranges of up to 1 km. Longer distances can be covered and physical obstructions can be bypassed by using an IR relay station. This can be done in indoor as well as in outdoor applications.
The technology provides the most reliable and user-friendly wireless optical links.
Oplink has also a family of products for data capture. These products have built-in error correction and are able to exchange data while in motion. Transport applications, ID verification for access systems, Fleet Management, Audience Response systems and Warehouse applications (such as wireless bar code readers) are a few examples.
With recent advancements in technologies we have moved towards assisted parking readers, and have started working with several respected Airport Parking providers in England to develop automated marking help mechanisms. We are also looking to develop and expand our portfolio to include ticket readers both in UK and In Germany. We feel such advancements will lead to a better transportation system.